The ACRD has many bylaws covering topics such as land use, noise, building, water and waste services, taxes and fees, and unsightly premises that help ensure our community is healthy and happy, with strong long-term planning. The ACRD Board of Directors adopts and enacts bylaws following provincially legislated steps for adoption.
Bylaw Enforcement aims to maintain a safe, healthy and vibrant community by ensuring compliance with bylaws.
What does "CONSOLIDATED" and "BINDER" mean?
For ease of interpretation, we have incorporated the amendment bylaws into the initial bylaw to form a single "CONSOLIDATED" version. Requests for original bylaws prior to amendments can be made by emailing Administrative Services
Alternatively, separate amendment bylaws and their initial bylaw can be found in one PDF package called a "BINDER". Each amendment bylaw is appended to the initial bylaw PDF document for convenience.
Disclaimer: These bylaws are not intended to be used for legal purposes and this is not an exhaustive list of every ACRD bylaw. Bylaws on this website have been provided for reference purposes only, and although we make every effort to ensure accuracy, the ACRD cannot guarantee the information provided.
For official bylaw versions, please contact ACRD Administrative Services
Frequently Requested Bylaw Index
(Search Using CTRL+F)
- A1075 Procedures Bylaw - CONSOLIDATED
- A1083 Elections and Assent Voting 2018
- A1085 Appointment of Officers and Delegation
- A1087 Freedom of Information
- 791 Port Alberni Airport Extended Service Area Establishment - BINDER
- R1016 Tofino-Ucluelet Airport Fees - BINDER
- F1120 Port Alberni Airport Loan Authorization 2015
- 10 Soil Removal Regulation 1969
- 16 Nuisance and Unsightly Premises Regulation 1971
- R1001 Cherry Creek Noise Control - BINDER
- R1002 Beaver Creek Noise Control - BINDER
- R1011 Salmon Beach Sewage Disposal Regulation 2003
- R1014 Sproat Lake Animal Regulation 2004
- R1017 Sproat Lake Beaver Creek Dangerous Dog Regulation 2006
- R1022 ACRD Sign Bylaw 2008
- R1024 Sproat Lake Noise Control 2013
- R1025 Bamfield Residential Backyard Burning 2013
- R1026 Cherry Creek Dangerous Dog Regulation 2014
- R1030 Solid-Fuel Burning Appliance Emission Regulation 2019
- R1032 Outdoor Burning Smoke Control Regulation 2019
Protective Services Bylaws
- 587 Bamfield Water System Parcel Tax 1988 - BINDER
- F1019 Bamfield Water System DCC 1998 - BINDER
- F1133 Beaver Creek Water System DCC 2018
- F1144 Millstream Water System Rates 2019
- F1147 Bamfield Water System Rates 2020
- F1148 Beaver Creek Water Service Rates 2020