The ACRD is made up of six electoral areas, and each area has its own Official Community Plan (OCP). The OCP's were developed collaboratively with the local Advisory Planning Commissions (APC's), the Electoral Area Directors and the ACRD Board of Directors in consultation with community members. Consultation through open houses and public hearings with members of the general public, area residents and property owners, and technical agencies (ie. Island Health, Provincial Ministries, First Nations, etc.) provided valuable direction and vision for future development of each of the electoral areas.
- Area A: Bamfield OCP
- Area B: Beaufort OCP
- Area C: South Long Beach OCP
- Area D: Sproat Lake OCP
- Area E: Beaver Creek OCP
- Area F: Cherry Creek OCP
Find Property Land Use & Development Permit Area InformationTo find out what a property's land use designation is, or if the property is within a Development Permit Area (DPA) in the OCP, follow these steps:
- Click on the OCP above for the electoral area that your property is located in.
- Then click on the maps listed (ie. Bamfield OCP Map No. 2 Land Use Designations or Bamfield OCP Map No. 3 Development Permit Areas) to determine what the land use (ie. Residential, Commercial, Mixed Use, Comprehensive Development, etc.) is or if the property is within a DPA (ie. Riparian Areas, Natural Hazard, Form and Character, etc.).
- Land use designations and DPA's are listed in the map legend.
- Specific policies for each land use or DPA are included in each OCP document listed above (ie. Bamfield OCP).
- Alberni Valley Background Study
- Questionnaire Responses
- Conservation Design
- Secondary Suites
- Accessory Dwelling Units - Final Report
- Home Industry
- Development Permit Areas
ContactPlanning and Development