The ACRD is committed to educating the community so that we can all do our best to reduce waste responsibly in our region. Below is information about educational tools available and how to request a presentation.
Check out videos on our ACRD Recycling and Organics playlist on the ACRD YouTube channel.
Presentations and Workshops
The ACRD is pleased to present engaging and interactive workshops on waste in the region. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a workshop covering the "Story of Waste in the ACRD Region".
You can request a presentation by filling out the form on the Stay in the Know ACRD webpage.
- How much waste
- Where does it go
- What are the challenges
- What are the solutions
- How waste management is governed in BC
- How can each person make a difference
School programsSchool workshops are designed to be in-line with the BC Curriculum Big Ideas and cross-curricular competencies for all grades. They are interactive and include:
- The link between consumption and waste
- Place-based learning (local ecological, historical and social connections)
- Project-based learning if appropriate (e.g. stewardship initiatives or support for sustainable school projects)
- Creative ideas for personal change
Recycle BC Colouring Book suitable for K-4
- Suitable for audiences of all ages, from Kindergarten to adult, indoors or outdoors
- Relevant to local issues yet in the context of the big picture
- Inspiring, promote concrete ideas for making a personal difference.