ACRD on Twitter

Whats New

Citizens of Vancouver Island's west coast are asking all overnight vehicle and tent campers to make a reservation at an authorized campground before arriving on the West Coast.
The ACRD receives a 2022 Emergency Support Services grant from the Union of BC Municipalities


Some questions about pollution, eyesores, weeds, noise control, etc.

  1. If you notice a significant increase in stream siltation or actual chemical pollution you should contact Ministry of Environment and Department of Fisheries and Oceans
  2. In an emergency situation such as a major oil or chemical spill, the Environmental Emergency Branch of Environment Canada should be notified.
  3. Who regulates noise problems?

    Municipal Councils and Regional Districts have authority to regulate and prohibit excessive noise. The City of Port Alberni, District of Ucluelet, District of Tofino, Sproat Lake Electoral Area, Beaver Creek Electoral Area and Cherry Creek Electoral Area have noise control bylaws. Please contact your local RCMP for enforcement procedure or complaints or contact the Regional District for copies of the appropriate bylaws.