ACRD on Twitter

Whats New

Open House
4-7 Sept 24, Ucluelet Community Centre
Open Houses:
Alberni Valley - Sept 25 5:30 -8:00pm
Posted: Sep 14, 2019


Some questions about pollution, eyesores, weeds, noise control, etc.

  1. If you notice a significant increase in stream siltation or actual chemical pollution you should contact Ministry of Environment and Department of Fisheries and Oceans
  2. In an emergency situation such as a major oil or chemical spill, the Environmental Emergency Branch of Environment Canada should be notified.
  3. Who regulates noise problems?

    Municipal Councils and Regional Districts have authority to regulate and prohibit excessive noise. The City of Port Alberni, District of Ucluelet, District of Tofino, Sproat Lake Electoral Area, Beaver Creek Electoral Area and Cherry Creek Electoral Area have noise control bylaws. Please contact your local RCMP for enforcement procedure or complaints or contact the Regional District for copies of the appropriate bylaws.