AgricultureBuilding InspectionMapsPlanningShort Term Vacation RentalsSomass Watershed Flood Management PlanWest Coast Cycling Network PlanZoning Bylaw ReviewBurning Bylaw Review
Downloadable Forms (PDF)
Building Permit Application Requirements
The following information is required upon application for a building permit. If all items listed below are not attached, the permit application will not be accepted.
- 1 completed Building Permit Application
- 2 sets of plans that include foundation layout and details, floor plans and point loads, roof plan and point loads, cross section, north/south/east/west elevation drawings
- 1 site plan showing location of existing and proposed structures on property. Note: any structure within 20 feet of a given setback will require a registered BC Land Survey.
- 1 recent certificate of title (can be obtained at a Land Titles registry agent).
- Proof of Island Health Filing of Sewerage System Form.
- 1 homeowner protection form approved by the homeowner protection office. Forms can be obtained from the Homeowner Protection Office 1-800-407-7757.
For further information contact the Building Inspector at 720-2700.