Alberni Valley Landfill
The Regional District is the owner of the Alberni Valley Landfill which is operated by a Contractor. The Landfill operates under a Regional Solid Waste Management Plan which has been approved by the Ministry of Environment.
Visit the Bylaws webpage to find Waste Management related bylaws including Tipping Fees.
FAQ - Tipping Fee Increase 2019
|Alberni Valley Landfill Information - 7080 McCoy Lake Rd|
|Hours of Operation||Scale Shack: (250) 723-1059|
(April 16 to October 15)
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday and Sunday
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM Note: Landfill is closed on Statutory Holidays.
Any loads arriving at the landfill uncovered will be charged double the fee!
- Asbestos bags are available for sale only at the Alberni Valley Landfill.
AV Landfill Wood Waste and Asbestos Packaging Information
- Drywall-Gypsum Waste Disposal Application Form
- Controlled Waste Certification Form
- Tipping fee is double for uncovered loads.
- No salvaging
- Certain materials are not accepted at the landfill. Examples of items in this category are: reactive or radioactive wastes, hazardous waste, special waste as defined in the Waste Management Act, solid waste that is on fire or smouldering.
- Arrangements must be made in advance for other materials and may require a permit from the Ministry of Environment. Examples of these materials are asbestos and contaminated soil.
Interac, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.No cheques, please To set up an account download the Credit Application pdf form,
fill out and fax to 250-723-1327 or mail to the
ACRD Office at:
Port Alberni, BC