April 2022 Public Information SessionsBased on feedback from community members and stakeholders, the ACRD has drafted new updates to the proposed Zoning Bylaw for the entire Regional District. Join an upcoming information session to check in with Planning staff on the proposed documents as of March 2022: ONLINE APRIL 7 | 4-6 pm | Zoom (link to register)
The session will begin with a short presentation around 4:10 pm by Planning staff to provide an overview of the Zoning Bylaw Review project, and March 2022 draft updates.
IN PERSON APRIL 11 | 3:30-6:30 pm | Sproat Lake Community Hall (9346 Bomber Base Rd)
The format of the session will be drop in with display boards to review, and Planning staff will be available to answer questions.
IN PERSON APRIL 12 | 3:30-6:30 pm | Cherry Creek Hall (3720 Moore Rd)
The format and content of the session will be the same as April 11, drop in with display boards to review, and Planning staff will be available to answer questions.
March 2022 Draft Zoning BylawPlanning staff received a significant amount of feedback on the June 2021 draft Zoning Bylaw through a number of methods, some of which included: an online survey with almost 340 responses, meetings with Electoral Area Advisory Planning Commissions, and many emails and conversations with the public and other stakeholders. DRAFT ZONING DOCUMENTS & MAPS | MARCH 2022
- March 2022 Draft Zoning Bylaw (PDF)
- March 2022 Draft Zoning Maps (PDF)
- Summary of proposed Zoning Bylaw updates (PDF): an overview of proposed updates as of June 2021, with updates made as of March 2022 shown in yellow highlight.
- Zone cross-referencing (PDF): lists current zone name and abbreviation, and what they are proposed to be updated to.
- Improved legibility of map text, updated map grids and grid numbering, re-designed page layouts
- Colour-coded zone categories and OCP land use designations
- Concurrently, continued with converting map data to GIS formats in preparation for use in upcoming public web map portal
March 2022 Draft OCP MapsFinal OCP drafts for the six Electoral Areas will be available in April 2022 for the Board's consideration. Refer to the June 2021 summary of proposed OCP updates (PDF). DRAFT OCP LAND USE MAPS | MARCH 2022
The following draft OCP land use maps indicate how land has been designated for each use, outlined in the corresponding OCP, to accommodate both present and proposed uses and facilities.
- Draft Bamfield OCP land use map (PDF)
- Draft Beaufort OCP land use maps (PDF)
- Draft South Long Beach OCP land use maps (PDF)
- Draft Sproat Lake OCP land use maps (PDF)
- Draft Beaver Creek OCP land use maps (PDF)
- Draft Cherry Creek OCP land use maps (PDF)
The following draft OCP Development Permit Area (DPA) maps in PDF below indicate areas that may require a greater level of detail and analysis for proposed development on lands that are considered to have hazardous and/or sensitive conditions.
- Draft Bamfield OCP DPA map (PDF)
- Draft Beaufort OCP DPA maps (PDF)
- Draft South Long Beach OCP DPA maps (PDF)
- Draft Sproat Lake OCP DPA maps (PDF)
- Draft Beaver Creek OCP DPA maps (PDF)
- Draft Cherry Creek OCP DPA maps (PDF)
Additional ResourcesThe overall goal of updating the Zoning Bylaw and OCPs is to better align the ACRD's zoning regulations with the policies and goals set out in the OCPs. The overarching OCPs provide guiding statements of objectives and policies for planning and land use decisions. By ensuring this alignment, the ACRD expects to create a more certain process and outcome for landowners and developers, improving clarity and addressing current planning issues.
- June 2021 Draft Zoning Bylaw (PDF)
- Current ACRD Zoning Bylaw No. 15 (PDF)
- Current OCP land use and DPA maps (available here)
- Current zoning maps (available here)
Next StepsNext steps in the process include the following (with anticipated timeline):
- March 2022 Draft Zoning Bylaw and maps available | March 2022
- Online and in person information sessions | April 7, 11 and 12, 2022
- First reading of the bylaws | spring 2022
- Official agency and First Nation referrals | spring 2022
- Public Hearings for the six Electoral Area OCPs and Zoning Bylaw: These will provide another opportunity for public input, as any individual or agency can provide comments until termination of the Public Hearing | spring 2022
- Second and third readings of the bylaws | spring 2022
- Adoption of the bylaws | summer 2022
- Present and communicate updated bylaws | 2022 and beyond
Keep checking back for updates on the Zoning Bylaw Review, and let us know if you have any questions!