Alberni Valley Sort'nGo Centre
The Regional District is the owner of the Alberni Valley Sort'nGo Centre, which is operated by a contractor. The Centre operates under a Regional Solid Waste Management Plan which has been approved by the Ministry of Environment.
Illegal Dumping continues to be a challenge in our region. You can find more information on illegal dumping on our website.
To find the Tipping Fees for the Alberni Valley Sort'nGo Centre, click on the PDF
|Alberni Valley Sort'nGo Centre Information - 7080 McCoy Lake Rd|
|Hours of Operation||Scale Shack: (250) 723-1059|
(April 16 to October 15)
Monday to Friday
8 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday
9 am to 4:30 pm Note: Landfill is closed on Statutory Holidays.
(October 16 to April 15)
Monday to Friday|
8 am to 4:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday
9 am to 4 pm Note: Landfill is closed on Statutory Holidays.
Any loads arriving at the landfill uncovered will be charged double the fee!
- Asbestos bags are available for sale only at the Alberni Valley Sort'nGo Centre.
- Boat Disposal Services on Vancouver Island (PDF)
- AV Sort'nGo Centre Wood Waste and Asbestos Packaging Information (PDF)
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma Information (Link)
- Drywall-Gypsum Waste Disposal Application Form(PDF)
- Controlled Waste Certification Form (PDF)
- Tipping fee is double for uncovered loads.
- No salvaging
- Certain materials are not accepted at the centre. Examples of items in this category are: reactive or radioactive wastes, hazardous waste, special waste as defined in the Waste Management Act, solid waste that is on fire or smouldering.
- Arrangements must be made in advance for other materials and may require a permit from the Ministry of Environment. Examples of these materials are asbestos and contaminated soil.
Interac, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.No cheques, please To set up an account download the Credit Application pdf form,
fill out and fax to 250-723-1327 or mail to the
ACRD Office at:
Port Alberni, BC