Disaster Preparedness Questions
- Do you think your family is relatively well prepared for a disaster?
- Have you discussed disaster preparedness with your family?
- Do you have 72-hour minimum disaster supplies on hand?
- Do you have a 72-hour family disaster supplies kit?
- Do you have an emergency supplies kit for each family vehicle?
- Are you current in first aid? Are all responsible family members
current in first aid?
- Are you current in CPR? Are all responsible family members current
- Do you have operational smoke detectors on every level of your home?
- Do you have at least one charged ABC fire extinguisher? Do you know
how to use it? Do all family members old enough know how to use it?
- Do all responsible family members know when and how to turn off
- Have you safeguarded the most important family records?
- Has your family practices a fire drill within the last year?
- Has your family discussed where to meet outside if there is a fire
in your home?
- Has your family discussed where to meet locally if you cannot get
back to your home?
- Do you have an out-of-province disaster telephone contact?
- Do you know what the disaster plan is for your workplace? For your
children’s school and/or daycare centre?
"Surviving a Disaster is Everyone's Business"