West Coast Landfill
The Regional District is the owner of the West Coast Landfill which is operated by a Contractor. The Landfill operates under a Regional Solid Waste Management Plan which has been approved by the Ministry of Environment.
For a complete list of rates contact
West Coast Landfill - .
Any loads arriving at the landfill uncovered will be charged double the fee!
|Westcoast Landfill Information|
|Hours of Operation||Scale Shack: (250) 726-2727|
Monday to Saturday
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Closed Statutory Holidays
|Note: Landfill is closed on Statutory Holidays.|
|Landfill Rates - Charges for depositing covered solid waste: (household garbage) |
|Loads 145 kg or greater (Domestic Waste)||$95.00/tonne ($8.00 minimum)|
|Loads 145 kg or greater (Construction/Demolition Waste)||$120.00/tonne|
|Loads under 145 kg||
- $2.00 each garbage bag or can ($8.00 maximum)
- $2.00 for each tire or $170 per tonne, whichever is greater.
- $100.00 for each wrecked auto
- $200.00 for each wrecked truck or bus
- $10.00 each for stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, hot water tanks
- Stumps, land clearing debris - $120.00 per tonne
- Fridges and freezers - $20.00 each
For more rates information refer to Bylaw R1010-1
- Tipping fee is double for uncovered loads.
- No salvaging
- Certain materials are not accepted at the landfill. Examples of items in this category are: reactive or radioactive wastes, hazardous waste, special waste as defined in the Waste Management Act, solid waste that is on fire or smouldering.
- Arrangements must be made in advance for other materials and may require a permit from the Ministry of Environment. Examples of these materials are asbestos and contaminated soil.
Cash, Interac, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
No cheques, please