Alberni-Clayoquot Health NetworkAir Quality Council Web DirectoryBear Smart InfoCommunity LinksEmergency PreparednessFire DepartmentsFireworks PermitsHighway 19 Connector to Highway 4 Route StudyImage GalleryParks & TrailsRegional District InformationSproat Lake Marine PatrolTransit SystemWest Coast Multiplex Project
SMOKING PREVALENCE IN CANADA (2014 STATS)
- 18.1% of Canadians 12 years and older smoke.
- 21.4% of Males 12 years and older smoke.
- 14.8% of Females 12 years and older smoke.
- 4.3 % of people aged 12-17 smoke.
- 52.7% of daily smokers are light smokers and smoke 14 or less cigarettes per day.
- 28.9% of daily smokers are moderate smokers and smoke 15 to 24 cigarettes a day.
- 18.4% of daily smokers are heavy smokers and smoke 25 or more cigarettes a day.
- From 2001 to 2011 there was a decrease in the number of smokers age 18 and 19 from 33.2% to 19.8%.
- From 2001 to 2011 there was a decrease in the number smokers age 15 to 17 from 19.3% to 10.1%.
- In 2011 the average number of cigarettes smoked in a day was 15.